Today' Focus

        Hangzhou Jinjiang Group's general manager Zhang Jianyang, vice general manager Sun Jiabin and their team had  attended the SECOND BELT AND ROAD FORUM FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION, they also attended the signing ceremony of comprehensive strateg...

International News

    Norsk Hydro to cut primary aluminium production at its Slovalco plant

  • China Aluminium Network
  • Post Time: 2019/12/3
  • Click Amount: 150

    A fully integrated Norwegian aluminium company Norsk Hydro announced on Monday, December 2, that it plans to cut 20 per cent production at its majority-owned Slovalco primary aluminium plant in Slovakia. Weak market is one of the reasons for the production cut, said the company.

    Located at the center of the actively growing aluminium market in Central Europe, Slovalco’s 55.3 per cent of the share is owned by Hydro Aluminium AS, while the rest (44.7 per cent) owned by Penta Investments.

    In 2018, Hydro had decided to expand remelt operations at its Slovalco plant in collaboration with joint-venture partner PENTA, aiming at producing and supplying the “greenest” aluminium metal in the industry. The expansion was for facilitating production of primary aluminium as well as for serving as a remelter for conversion scrap from the extrusion plants in Central Europe.

    Currently, Slovalco has an annual production capacity of 175,000 tonnes of primary aluminium and a casthouse capacity of close to 200,000 tonnes, said Hydro in a statement on December 2. The curtailment of production is expected to commence in January 2020.

    Source: www.alcircle.com
      Copyright and Exemption Declaration :①All articles, pictures and videos that are marked with "China Aluminum Network" on this website are copyright and belong to China Aluminium Network (www.alu.com.cn). When transshipment, any media, website or individual must list the source from "China Aluminium Network (www.alu.com.cn)". We seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ②Articles that marked as copy from others are for transferring more information to readers, do not represent or endorse their opinions or accuracy and reliability. When other media, website or individuals copy from our website, must keep the source. Anyone that changes the articles' sources will hold the responsibilities for copyright and law problems. We also seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ③If any articles copied by our website concern the copyright and other problems, please contact us within one week.